The Balkan Blockchain Association (BBA) is a not-for-profit organisation that brings together key individuals and business from the Bulgarian and international blockchain scene. BBA aims to assist the blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) ecosystem development throughout the Balkans region by empowering communication and networking, advocating for adoption of a proper regulatory framework, strengthening the networking of good practices in the industry and promoting education. BBA strives to make the Balkans renowned place for blockchain and DLT business and to situate Bulgaria as a key player in the blockchain and DLT technology, innovation and entrepreneurship within the Balkans.
The Balkan Blockchain Association has several practice areas:
- Regulatory and Policy making Initiative for the establishment of a proper regulatory framework for the blockchain and DLT technology with the goal foreign investors to launch their business locally. The adoption of a proper regulatory framework will limit the malicious and fraudulent action of bad actors and help this technology gain wide adoption and trust.
- Public sector Initiative with the goal the possibilities that the blockchain and DLT technology provides to be explored in the public sector and to promote the implementation of this technology where it might have positive effect for the society and the administration.
- Networking Initiative to establish contacts and empower cooperation with other local, European and international organisations.
- Event Management Initiative to grow the blockchain community.
- Market analysis for the blockchain and DLT industry
- Educational Initiative for the newbies and other interested parties